02 July 2006

Peerplink - Digg for Web 2.0 sites


Digg for Web 2.0 sites.

This blog started as an Excel sheet, where I databased my research on 2.0 phenomena.
I first started sharing the .xls file with some (business) friends, then decided to share it on an OpenBC Group (where it still lives), and then to blog it.
In other words, everything I publish here is open source. Per definition.
A Gary Reid, running a blog called Plinkd, and a "social media marketing company" called Combtail, is one of a handful of people who decided to publish a copy of an old version of my list.
When you do that without mentioning the (open) source, that's stealing.
The good thing, though, is that Gary decided to accomplish something that I've - of course - been contemplating - he's presenting the list as a kind of Digg for Web 2.0 companies. And either is showing that nobody's interested in that, or doing an extremely lousy job in promoting it (the top scorer in his list has harvested two votes so far...).
So let's see if some promotion can help. Please check Peerplink now, and let me (and/or Gary) know what you think of it.


060702 UPDATE:
I got a message from Gary Reid, and that explains it all.
Peerplink turns our to be an internal list; it's usually password protected. A recent server move had left it open.
Gary leaves it open for now as my initial accusation might make it look rather odd if he'd password protect it now.

060702 SECOND UPDATE:
Mr. Reid has changed his mind, and has password protected Peerplink.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics