24 October 2006

Blogger acting funny (and still sucking strong)


I still don't understand how or why a company like Google still allows Blogger to fail so horribly.
A few months ago I posted this:

The first article on Google when you now search for "Blogger sucks" is a Wired article from April 7 April reporting that it scores 720,000 results. Today Google finds "only" 32,800 results. Did the number of complaints decrease since last spring?Well, I can confirm that Blogger still sucks. It sucks, it sucks terribly, it sucks like hell. It's slow, it's stupid, some of the functionalities often fail.
So who manipulated that search result?!

Blogger's suckability has increased ever since. Errors. Outages. Infuriating server slowness. And above all: a +30% chance that pictures that I include in my postings don't make it to my blog.

So when Blogger announced its new beta version, I immediately opted in to moving this blog to that beta environment. That was several weeks ago. I didn't hear a thing from Blogger ever since... I thought.

Last weekend I started a new blog. And decided to take Blogger's suckability for granted because I didn't have time to familiarize myself with an other solution. Suddenly (when I tried out an alternative lay-out template) - I was invited to move my new blog to Blogger's beta-sector.
Arriving at my beta-Dashboard, someone had put an empty blog there, titled something like "Blogger doesn't suck anymore".
Sorry that I can't reproduce the exact title, and that I can't link you to it. I erased it, after smiling for 2 milliseconds, in an angry flash.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics